Friday, September 15, 2017

These are some of the shots I took on the Mall today. I was focusing on my focus...hah! Using the MF on my macro lens wasn't intuitive but because it was a macro I was able to work through the out-of-focus range back into focus and discovered that this man made bokeh might be interesting. But not for today. But! I was happy to record in my "to do" list journal and will try purposely out of focus shots later on.

The white tendrils in this first shot are less than an inch long. This was taken in the Sculpture Garden from one of the walls. The tan and mahogany stain are actually "rust" marks from the leaks in the concrete wall in which the fungi is growing.

This next one is the shipping container vendor shop. I thought the color mix was very cool.



This Ice Cream truck was on the sidewalk in front of the Museum of American History. I admit that the harsh sunlight of when we are shooting for this class lends itself to B&W.

This last one is a street musician. I admire the music of the sax, especially when it's sole...the eerie sound of his well placed sax made the street almost lonely.



6 comments:

  1. Love the first one. Looked at it a long time before I read your commentary. It is mesmerizing as one tries to figure out what we are looking at. A beautiful image as well, nicely composed with the two white whatevers and the nice background. Like the reflection in the glasses in the last one too. I tried the gelato shop too--is this a group of images? I think you did a great job of capturing the spot, the colors and the rhythm of the windows, each with it's own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, As much as I like the Good Humor Truck, your second photo is my favorite. The five panels give the appearance of a diverse community all in one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that shot of the mold is fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mold photo is fascinating. I also love the cafe at the Hirshorn -- your crop is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee your images are so sharp! Now your image #1 is a wonderful Abstract. I also like the mix of colors of the Vendor--think the vendor herself makes it specially good. My absolute favorite is the sax player. It is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah! Very jazzy. Tendrils are too much!

    ReplyDelete