Friday, October 27, 2017

Yards Park, October 26, 2017


The "dinosaur skeleton" (my name for it).


While photographing it, I thought this building contained offices, but apparently not.  

Through the glass at District Winery.

The "dancing" fountain.


Above photo shows construction at the adjacent"Clean River Project," part of DC's Water and Sewer Authority's effort to prevent sewer overflow into the Anacostia River.

There was a lot of construction in the area -- this enthusiastic worker saw me with the camera.







5 comments:

  1. I think that the mondrian like composition & little personal vignettes in #2. The abstract in #4 is a lovely balance of whites to blacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eva, Love your photos, especially the motion in #4 and the story in #5. For a second, I thought the fellow in #5 was on a ride like at Busch Gardens. If not for what looks like a back hoe on the left (and knowing you were at The Yards), I could have been fooled. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva...very nice photos. My favorites are the "Dancing Fountain" and the "Dancing Workman." I like the
    Dancing Fountain because of the unusual reflective quality, almost like stainless steel. I like the Dancing Workman because you captured a great emotion and story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very inspiring. I especially like the way that the color balance lends a mood in the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this one but I like your images, especially 2 and 4, also the workman in the land mover, man is lined up with machine.

    ReplyDelete