Thursday, October 19, 2017

I ended up liking more than I thought I would. I was a little disappointed by the "high noon" sunshine but ended up liking the impact on the colors that showed up throughout the walk...LOTS of blues and yellows. Like the yellow tables and chairs on the rooftop lounge. Also lots of reds, mostly in tools but the one of the worker in a red tee shirt next to the red yoga signs was interesting.






One thing I always like to watch is people coming in with the look of someone taking charge, taking over, expecting to be seen...like the cops always do in the movies when they walk into  a crime scene. And who could ignore the photo shoot in the hollow egg? Or the lone diner in the fish market? Or the "balcony door" in the side of the glass building?





And I about lost it when a guy rode by on a blue scooter in front of a blue building reflecting blue sky from the window. And the multicolors in the fish market. And the young lady on a walk who smiled at everyone, even me, as she walked her little dog...named Layla June.






And how about those stainless steel rivets on the dock???  The last three are B&Ws, one of metal chairs on a deck and another of tents on the dock and a stylized canopy. And finally, businessmen solving all the problems of the world. A fun day.






5 comments:

  1. Really nice, Lee. I saw a lot of the same things, but didn't think about photographing them. I do love how you made the colors such a big part of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, love your photos! I especially like your b&w of the wavy canopy and your color photos of the bagged clams and Kirwan's on the Wharf. The expressions on the faces in your people photos are great too. They each tell their own story. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The delicate yellow chairs really "make" the Kirwan's photo. I especially like the dog, the bagged clams, and the canopy. The overweight worker in red is funny in its juxtposition to the red yoga logo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all your shots are excellent , my favorite is the canopy ( not just because its b & w)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love all of these. The colors pop and the cropping for closeups is perfect. I especially like the switch to monochrome for the group of young me, also the pug closeup and the canopy shot.

    ReplyDelete